Saturday, September 26, 2009

birthdays..ü

currently playing>> the (after) life of the party by fall out boy
im feeling>> lazy coz the weather's so cozy..ü lami mag ligid2x lng bah..ü

it's my niece's birthday today, and as we celebrate her birthday this year, i am reminded on how we celebrated her birthday last year where she wasn't told the night before that it was going to be her birthday the next day. so on the day of her birthday, it was like any ordinary day for her: went to school, came home, took a nap. she was told already in the evening when guests were arriving and her gifts were given that it was in fact her birthday. she got into a fit with her mama on why she wasnt told that it was her special day and cried the night away. hehe. this year is different coz she has a sense of dates already, and knows how to use the calendar. imagine her excitement last night, talking to her classmates on the phone and telling them it was her birthday today.

i have fond memories of when i celebrated my own birthdays as a child, as well. i'd have trouble sleeping the night before coz i'd be so excited about the next day. what concerned me only were the gifts, cake, ice cream and all the yummy food prepared during birthdays, being able to tell all my friends that it was my birthday, and not getting to be bullied by my older sisters coz it was MY birthday. as i grew older though, i really dont have trouble sleeping anymore, the night before my birthday. it's not that it's starting to become any ordinary day already.. maybe it just comes with the time, when you're expected to be mature already.

i still do have happy birthdays, and i still look forward to my birthday every year, thankful that i've been given another good year to celebrate life.ü mature? i don't think so, yet. i'm just glad that i'm aging gracefully. i think. (hehe.ü baga!) and i wish the same for my family as well, especially for the kids, and for my friends.ü

No comments: