Sunday, September 27, 2009

Cebu City Medical Center - my workplace.. :)

currently playing>> take on me! take on me.. take me on.. take on me! hehe by a-Ha :)
im feeling>> happy! i had coffee today with my girls, cha tepait and jecar gonzaga..ü

this time, im gonna introduce you to where i work!
Cebu City Medical Center! :)

What is this place?

CCMC, founded in 1962..


CCMC is located just within the heart of Cebu City..

Cebu City Medical Center is a government-owned, 300-bed capacity hospital in Cebu City providing tertiary level services. It is located in the heart of the city along Natalio Bacalso Ave., corner Panganiban Street. It’s vision is to become a world-class health care institution.

A view from the outside..

Cebu City Medical Center is mandated to produce holistic quality healt care services to the residents of Cebu City which are client-centered and cost effective through competent, committed and compassionate personnel.

Aside from that, the Cebu City Medical Center is also an accredited training institution that is affiliated with local nursing and medical schools in the city allowing for training of students within the facility. Majority of the patients in the hospital are local residents belonging to the marginalized sector of the community.

What's it like working here?

As a student, I never looked forward to having my related learning experience duties here. Maybe it’s because of the fact that I was already used to being exposed to Vicente Sotto Memorial Medical Center only, and because of the negative image I already had about this place basing on what was heard and printed in the media. Thank God I wasn't exposed in the wards, and only in the special areas. On my first day of duty in CCMC as a student, what turned me off the most was its acrid smell and the rampage of insects crawling about everywhere. But at that time, I had no choice because it was part of the requirement to get me this degree of BSN.

That was the past. Looking back, I think of it as funny because I really love this place. What more can I ask for in working? The pay is good, compared to the private hospitals where my friends are working, there’s no question about that. In terms of experience, working here has taught me to become very resourceful and I’m proud to say that it has indeed improved my skills, considering the fact that nag sagol2x ang mga kaso sa mga pasyente diri and with the limited resources that we have. Aside from that, I met real friends here. Friends I know who have helped me and I know would continue to help me in becoming not just an effective nurse, but a responsible and mature person as well.

CCMC's world class nurses, my friends.. :)

Yes, I have gone through my own shit here in this hospital. There will be people who will always criticize your every move and attempt to pull you down. But that is but common in any organization. The main goal there is to stay strong and believe that just as long as you know that what you are doing is right, you wouldn't care about what other people would say about you. Although sometimes in this hospital, it is every man for himself, the key is still survival of the fittest. Of course when you’re starting, you’ll always be in the lowest level of the food chain. But once you’ve proved your worth and that you are indeed capable of the demands of the job, you’ll eventually earn the respect that’s due you. And I am glad that at this point, I have that now..

Me, on a photoshoot vanity break, while working..ü

And working here, I learned to love this place. It pisses me off sometimes that what the public sees or thinks about CCMC is the negative image that has already been put up by the media. But being an employee here, I have in me this sense of protectiveness toward this institution. If the people can only see the way we work, they can also truly say for themselves that it’s not easy being in our place and would even be proud of us because of our skills. It’s not easy working in a place where there is limited resources and funds. But we have done our part, and we have served the residents in Cebu City to best of our capabilities. And I am proud that I belong to Cebu City Medical Center.

2 comments:

Geen said...

Ms. Charlene

Noe I saw your boyfriend!!! By the eay your blog speaks of who you are A REAL NURSE.

keep up the good works!

Ma'am Helen

Jade Rose said...

Hi nurse cha! Correct si Maam Helen. Ikaw gyud. Kaayo. When I was reading, it's as if you were talking to me *literally* Hehehe. Nice. :)